Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Thoughts on Funcom improving?

Go down

Thoughts on Funcom improving?

Post  Veilose on 8th August 2008, 6:21 pm

For those sticking around to see what happens....

Given another 3-4 months, do you think Funcom will improve the game?
Veilose
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on Funcom improving?

Post  Harrigan on 8th August 2008, 6:51 pm

they will have to if they want money coming in. a lot of people i have talked to have similar opinions and solutions if failcom doesn't fix itself. unfortunatly, i think it would take at least 4 months before they realize how to fix the problem.

Harrigan
Guild Member
Guild Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Veilose on 8th August 2008, 6:54 pm

probably so

im going to give them a little while longer....while i enjoy playing this game, its lacking content to keep me logged on every day

currently playing EvE to take out the boredom hehe....or CoD4 Razz (my skillz are amazing!)
Veilose
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xiroas on 8th August 2008, 9:14 pm

Veilose wrote:For those sticking around to see what happens....

Given another 3-4 months, do you think Funcom will improve the game?

Well, they have on their plate for this month: An Official DirectX 10 release, improvements on PoM, fixing visual bugs.

If they can do that, I will stay, if not; I am giving it 6 months, then bye Smile

proteininja wrote:What have I been doing while I've waited?

I solved world hunger.
Xiroas
Web Admin
Web Admin

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/utletum

Back to top Go down

Post  Rokurou on 10th August 2008, 2:36 pm

Alot of the opinions came from WoW players who had reached the end of WoW, started up Conan, and expected a minimum start, full endgame content. How many updates did we have where ppl automatically quit a class b/c it was "nerfed"? Seriously, how many guilds have tier 3 keep and are sieging? 20, 25 at most? Across all servers? Even if one guild has tier 3, what are they doing with it? They can't attack tier 2, so all they do is stock up mats for when the time may come that they'll need to rebuild or repair the keep.

PvP- it's open world. Why do people need to wait for an exp system for an excuse to gank players? The fugitive system, it's all talk- No one knows whats going to happen with it.

The problems that people find in this game come when they get to 80, and do nothing but "look" for flaws in the game.

For anyone that played FFXI, the first 2 years endgame content was this: Camping Hyper Notorious monsters for 3hrs at a time; Killing the storyline boss and completing all nation story lines; access to Sky Area- to fight the gods.

The Japanese had the game a year and half before Americans so when we were level 30, they had the entire game figured out. By the time we hit endgame, they had been fighting the same content for some two years and aquiring everything there was to it. As the game progressed, expansions saw the same fate; little by little they began to add bits and pieces; the latest big installment which took 6 months to gain access too was an area labeled Sea. In this expansion, the story line level capped your character in new zones; and even though it only took a day or two to complete that portion of the story, SquareEnix dragged it out 6 months. When players were granted Access to Sea, 80% of the zone was still locked out.

I think Conan has a ton of potential and I think Funcom is smart in testing it as best they can before releasing it entirely. Right now the biggest complaint is the lack of content and in game items. It would not surprise me if one or two days, the game shut down, went back up, and had 30% more added to it. Also, players complaining at the moment didn't stop to smell the roses. They read what Conan had to offer, rushed to level 80, and found nothing.

Did they take time to do any quest on the way to 80? No? Why? Was it a waste of time to go out of their way to have some fun adventuring amongst friends to do these quest? What rush was there to hit 80? Epic raid armor and weapons that can't be obtained b/c no one else is 80 yet? The ability to gank players 30 lvls under them?

Let people complain and quit and go to other MMO's, I think it'll make the experiance of Conan that much better when it all comes to light.

Christ, the Original Everquest is still being played, going on what, 12 years now? If you look at the Conan map, you see maybe 25% of the continent covered. Since the game is based off the Hyborean Story Era, it wouldn't be strange to see content out in the ocean, say atlantis perhaps? How about the entire east side of the map? If Funcom released everything it promised starting off, people would have found a reason to find flaws in it. Yeah, it sucks they went back on their word of expanded content, but atleast the game is playable with a unique battle system.
Rokurou
Guild Member
Guild Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Veilose on 10th August 2008, 5:07 pm

It's unfortunate that we live in an "instant gratification" society. Most of the people who complained and quit are more than likely WoW players who came into WoW as their first MMO after 2-3 years when they've had time to add and balance content. People lack patience. For me it's my pocket book atm. If I ever quit, I would come back in a heartbeat when FunCom makes the game amazing. I'm still chugging along but I'm not huge on making alts. That's why I play CoD4 or EvE to keep me from losing my mind of boredom in AoC....well cause ganking lowbies is stupid and kesh pvp is barren at times.

Word to funcom: dont listen to spoiled children....listen to the constructive feedback
Veilose
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum