» [Important] How we deal with inactivity
7th December 2008, 11:12 am by Xiroas

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Small epidemic with gamestop... Think anyone can help me out?

Go down

Small epidemic with gamestop... Think anyone can help me out?

Post  Addy08 on 31st August 2008, 5:17 pm

Well I posted this on warhammeralliance first, so here's the link to that

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1287286#post1287286

Anyways, the jist of it is that, I pre-ordered the game today. I understand it's late. But I was hoping to get a Pre-Order box along with the head-start key. Which I did not receive because they were "out". So, Can I contact anyone at Mythic for the head-start key ?

I already have a Open Beta key thanks to fileplanet.

Addy08
Guild Member
Guild Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Small epidemic with gamestop... Think anyone can help me out?

Post  Xiroas on 31st August 2008, 10:25 pm

The Head start key/Beta key, I believe is on a first come, first serve basis; if they are out, then they are out Sad

proteininja wrote:What have I been doing while I've waited?

I solved world hunger.
Xiroas
Web Admin
Web Admin

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/utletum

Back to top Go down

Post  Veilose on 1st September 2008, 8:55 pm

no clue, i would check other stores maybe?
Veilose
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabriel on 1st September 2008, 9:03 pm

Each store/company carries a limited quantity. If you're not getting the code with the company or store you bought from, ask around and try to re-pre-order it from another store. Cancel your existing order and try elsewhere. Can't hurt to try.

I pre-ordered mine quite a while ago fortunately though i probably won't actually receive my copy in the mail for a couple of weeks 'cos i'm in quite a remote location right now; sadly...
Gabriel
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Veilose on 1st September 2008, 9:04 pm

You could always try online as well BUT the some people tend to get their codes a few days from a few weeks later...dunno if you want that risk as well.
Veilose
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabriel on 1st September 2008, 9:38 pm

For online stores, try Amazon. And this goes for anyone else checking out this forum too, that hasn't yet pre-ordered or got their codes. If you don't have a code, Amazon will not email to you, or forward them to you at a later date, but makes them available on their site almost immediately - IF they have any left available; you can check it yourself any time after placing your order. Additionally, you don't have to pay for a pre-order with them. This being the case, there is no harm in you placing an order (even if you have one elsewhere), just to see if they give you a code; if you do, just cancel your old order. If not, cancel your Amazon one.

I would recommend - out of respect and accountability - that if Amazon does give you a code, you cancel your old order and keep your Amazon order.
Gabriel
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Addy08 on 2nd September 2008, 3:22 pm

Haha. Okay. Update!

I canceled Gamestop, and proceded to order with Amazon.com.

No luck. For some odd reason I have not received my codes for my pre-order in my media library as they advertised. I am going to call them AGAIN today to hopefully fix this issue. In the mean time I went to Target to buy the 99 cent pre-order box and both codes there worked great!

Now to be sure my beta client works. When I try to type in my Open Beta account name and password, the client acts to patch but then reverts to the login tab. Is this working as intended?

Addy08
Guild Member
Guild Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabriel on 2nd September 2008, 3:35 pm

Look in the "Downloads" portion of the media library. For some reason, they do not list the WAR codes in the same location they normally do. Check downloads and if they're there, then you're in; if not, then you'll have to try somewhere else i guess... lol
Gabriel
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Addy08 on 2nd September 2008, 3:37 pm

Well, I checked everywhere. But, I still think it's BS that they are still advertising the pre-order gimmicks. I'm going to stick with amazon and have they ship it to me and all that good stuff. But, it would have been nice to have the my other open-beta access code. Then I would have had enough to CONVINCE my other friend to play.

[IMPORTANT] So, can anyone confirm that after you put in your login information for the beta client, that it says "patch error", then reverts to login?

Last edited by Addy08 on 2nd September 2008, 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Addy08
Guild Member
Guild Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabriel on 2nd September 2008, 3:42 pm

Addy08 wrote:Now to be sure my beta client works. When I try to type in my Open Beta account name and password, the client acts to patch but then reverts to the login tab. Is this working as intended?

After logging in, it'll load the patcher. After attempting to patch the game, it should come up with the beta test agreement. It should not (or at least mine doesn't) revert back to the login screen unless your account is not active. Verify on the site that you have activated your account, applied all the relevant codes etc. However, having said all that, i'm operating off the old CB client, which i'll just patch later rather than download the OB client. The OB client installation could already be somewhat different to the version i'm operating off and that could be quite normal. I'd like to hear what other OB client downloaders have to say on the matter as this might be something that other Guild members have problems with.
Gabriel
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Addy08 on 2nd September 2008, 3:44 pm

Gabriel wrote:
Addy08 wrote:Now to be sure my beta client works. When I try to type in my Open Beta account name and password, the client acts to patch but then reverts to the login tab. Is this working as intended?

After logging in, it'll load the patcher. After attempting to patch the game, it should come up with the beta test agreement. It should not (or at least mine doesn't) revert back to the login screen unless your account is not active. Verify on the site that you have activated your account, applied all the relevant codes etc. However, having said all that, i'm operating off the old CB client, which i'll just patch later rather than download the OB client. The OB client installation could already be somewhat different to the version i'm operating off and that could be quite normal. I'd like to hear what other OB client downloaders have to say on the matter as this might be something that other Guild members have problems with.

Hmmm, Thanks for your input Gabriel. I do want to hear some other OB people as you have stated. I don't want it to be OB opening day and me have to re-download the client... lol Mad

Addy08
Guild Member
Guild Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabriel on 2nd September 2008, 3:46 pm

Addy08 wrote:Well, I checked everywhere. But, I still think it's BS that they are still advertising the pre-order gimmicks. I'm going to stick with amazon and have they ship it to me and all that good stuff. But, it would have been nice to have the my other open-beta access code. Then I would have had enough to CONVINCE my other friend to play.

LoL Check with other members from the CB. Anyone that played the CB automatically gets access to the OB. In addition, those of us that already have said access, and also pre-ordered the game, will be given a new access code. Additionally to that, some people also got codes from Fileplanet. With that in mind, some of us have been given 2 or in some cases 3 different access codes. Unfortunately, i already added my OB code to my account so i can't offer that to anyone else. But anyone with multiple codes that haven't used them, i'd suggest having them supply them to other Guild members that don't yet have an OB code. Get as many of our guild in as possible.
Gabriel
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Addy08 on 2nd September 2008, 3:57 pm

Well. With that post in mind Razz . If anyone has an extra OB code, please PM me !!!

I would greatly appreciate it! And you'd be cool in my book! Cool

Addy08
Guild Member
Guild Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabriel on 2nd September 2008, 5:17 pm

Addy08 wrote:Well. With that post in mind Razz . If anyone has an extra OB code, please PM me !!!

I would greatly appreciate it! And you'd be cool in my book! Cool

...not that anyone in this guild's not cool anyway, right? Wink lol
Gabriel
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Addy08 on 2nd September 2008, 7:00 pm

Haha. Did NOT mean it like that. I love Honor Clan, and everyone in it Laughing Cool

But, an OB key would be nice. lol!

Addy08
Guild Member
Guild Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzerfaust on 3rd September 2008, 2:24 am

Addy08 wrote:Well, I checked everywhere. But, I still think it's BS that they are still advertising the pre-order gimmicks. I'm going to stick with amazon and have they ship it to me and all that good stuff. But, it would have been nice to have the my other open-beta access code. Then I would have had enough to CONVINCE my other friend to play.

[IMPORTANT] So, can anyone confirm that after you put in your login information for the beta client, that it says "patch error", then reverts to login?

I was having the same issue, getting the patch error, with the beta client. Try resetting your password. After I did that it worked fine for me.

Panzerfaust
Guild Member
Guild Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Addy08 on 3rd September 2008, 3:04 pm

Okay. I'll go try that now. Then I'll edit my post.

[Edit] Okay, so I changed my password. Now after I type in my Username and Password, It just reverts back to the login screen. No patch failed error or anything. Just login screen pops back up. So anyone with OB client please enlighten me.

[Edit again] So, I found out that the login is not verifying my password. Although I am putting in the correct password. Something is screwy here.

Addy08
Guild Member
Guild Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lynchmob on 3rd September 2008, 7:23 pm

over the weekend i tried and was getting an error every time i tried to log in. it would look like it was gonna patch then jump right back to the login screen and keep saying password incorrect. i tried to reset password and new password was doing the same thing. i believe it is not working because OB is not till sunday and there is nothing to log into atm.

i think people who were in beta and people who are going to be in open beta need to specify what ones they are in. because i think there might be some confusion. open beta is not till sunday sept 7th-

(edit) i logged into my account and they added an item to validate your email which will give you a in game title "Includes: Title - 'The Validated' "

(edit 2) this is from the web site:
Warhammer Online Subscriber OPEN Beta: Subscribers can join the exclusive open beta for Warhammer Online. Open beta keys are limited so grab one now! This program is for NA, AU and NZ. Download the client and prepare to play on the 7th! You can also Pre-Order the game on Direct2Drive here.

http://www.fileplanet.com/

This is a “Pre-load” - which means that it requires our Download Manager . Pre-Load is a special feature for FilePlanet Subscribers that allows them to pre-download a file in preparation of the file being opened at a later date. FilePlanet Download Manager will manage any queue for this file and begin the download of it immediately. Once downloaded, our Download Manager will also unlock your file. The Warhammer file is encrypted (locked with a special code for protection).
http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/warhammeronline/faq.aspx

Last edited by Warandpeace on 3rd September 2008, 7:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
lynchmob
Guild Member
Guild Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  meltedboy on 3rd September 2008, 7:36 pm

If you registered and downloaded AFTER the Preview Weekend, you can't log in at all - have to wait 'til open beta.
meltedboy
Guild Member
Guild Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Addy08 on 3rd September 2008, 9:05 pm

Okay, cool gotcha!

Addy08
Guild Member
Guild Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down