Honor Clan a WAR Order guild on Badlands, US
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» paper writing
warrior priest vs witchhunter vs other I_icon_minitime12th April 2010, 4:27 pm by paper writing

» Honor Clan most likely not coming back to WAR
warrior priest vs witchhunter vs other I_icon_minitime7th February 2009, 1:36 am by Xiroas

» BTW
warrior priest vs witchhunter vs other I_icon_minitime20th December 2008, 11:28 am by Xiroas

» Guild Start delay, Updated!
warrior priest vs witchhunter vs other I_icon_minitime20th December 2008, 11:27 am by Xiroas

» Guild start delay
warrior priest vs witchhunter vs other I_icon_minitime17th December 2008, 10:47 pm by Xiroas

» [Important] Scroll of the Guild
warrior priest vs witchhunter vs other I_icon_minitime7th December 2008, 11:19 am by Xiroas

» [Updated 12-08-08] [REQUIRED] Honor Clan WAR Application
warrior priest vs witchhunter vs other I_icon_minitime7th December 2008, 11:12 am by Xiroas

» [Important] Guild Ranking System
warrior priest vs witchhunter vs other I_icon_minitime7th December 2008, 11:12 am by Xiroas

» [Important] How we deal with inactivity

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

warrior priest vs witchhunter vs other

+3
Cookout
Xiroas
lynchmob
7 posters

Go down

warrior priest vs witchhunter vs other Empty warrior priest vs witchhunter vs other

Post  lynchmob 31st August 2008, 10:13 pm

i'm thinking about going witchhunter but warrior priest looks pretty cool also. for those of you that have gotten to play a bit on closed beta what were your thoughts on these classes or any of the other ones that you might of played. i'm getting excited about this dam game and open beta is gonna be cool. i was able to get the info from gamestop.
lynchmob
lynchmob
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

warrior priest vs witchhunter vs other Empty Re: warrior priest vs witchhunter vs other

Post  Xiroas 31st August 2008, 10:24 pm

Personally, I love the Witch Hunter, but that is my style of play; I have not played the Warrior Priest, I would recommend you ask some of the new recruits or ask Veilose.

The Witch Hunter is what the rogue is supposed to be, and I love it...
Xiroas
Xiroas
Web Admin
Web Admin

http://www.myspace.com/utletum

Back to top Go down

warrior priest vs witchhunter vs other Empty Re: warrior priest vs witchhunter vs other

Post  Cookout 31st August 2008, 11:53 pm

I played a witchhunter up to lvl 10. At lvl 7, i had," congrats on your 250th crit" flashing on my screen for the tok. Like Xiroas said, its alot like a rogue in wow. Theres a skull ontop of your hotbar, and almost every attck adds 1 of 5 swords around it like combo points that allow you to execute your target. Each sword represents an amount of dmg and redeuces the action point cost of the excute bt 20% for each one. Then stuff like self buffs for 30min. Like, holy bullets. Wgen you do an execute it snares your tartget buy 40%, stuff like that. To give you an idea, with lvl 4 rvr gear, i'd hit a mod, applying the bleed effect atck that can be stacked up 3 times, 3 swords, execute, dead.
Now as for the warrior priest, which i played most of the weekened up to lvl 17, rank 13 rvr. I never got that 250th crit message, if that alone tells you anything as far as how different the 2 classes are. However. I died 90% more with the witchhunter. I'll try to keep this a simple as possible, cause theres just so many things a WP can do...Your good at pretty much anything. Whatever is to be infront of u, u prolly have something in your bat belt to deal with it. Your a dps support first and a healer second. Your purpose in life is to buff that witchhunter, give him a slap on the back, and make him/her belive he's unstoppable. Assist the main healer by hot'in up the group, and trickle healing with your atcks. A WP, has all the tools needed to SUPPORT the classes, that do the ONE thing extremly well. Solo, i was taking on 3 mobs my lvl at a time, without much effort, so long as i kept my buffs, hots up. If you took something from every class and putem in a blender, you'd end up with a WP, and i love it Laughing
Cookout
Cookout
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lynchmob 1st September 2008, 3:30 pm

dam lol, both sound great... i guess i'll have to go with what i wanted to do in the beginning and go WH. and make an alt WP later. also open beta will help me decide also in getting a better idea. thanks for the input.
lynchmob
lynchmob
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Veilose 1st September 2008, 9:13 pm

Can't comment on the WH but I played a WP as well. I enjoyed being what it's supposed to be, a SUPPORT class. You can function well in any tree although Wrath needs a little help as Grace/Salvation (i think?) are superior. Melee to heal is good stuff Smile
Veilose
Veilose
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cookout 1st September 2008, 9:22 pm

It’s likely mean and unfounded, but I have to say that if you are going to spec Wrath based purely on knowing it’s the DPS tree - which it is - and with no other strategy in mind than “SIGMAR ANGRY! SIGMAR SMASH! PHAT KRIT’Z!”, the chances of people regarding you as a “good” Warrior Priest are probably going to be slim to none. There is a strategy to going Wrath, since there are a lot of really nice things in there for groups, but it’s more than “it’s the DPS tree, and I want to DPS”. For example, someone needs to run the numbers comparing improving damage with Wrath, which improves Divine Assault and other healing abilities, versus just improving Divine Assault in the first place. Oh look, a strategy!
Cookout
Cookout
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Veilose 1st September 2008, 9:27 pm

Ya I agree. I tried out all three trees and stuck with Grace for the most part. Many WP forget that you're there to heal also instead of being a dps fool. I can't count how many times I was up with a few tanks and other WP and the others wouldn't toss heals to help out.

I believe Salvation even out damages Wrath atm anyways.
Veilose
Veilose
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Splizka 2nd September 2008, 12:41 am

I didnt play a WH, they arent my type of class, but I did play a WP. Tons of fun, imo. Very tough class to get used to due to the healing mechanic, but once you begin to understand it things come easy. Team up with a IB and you become near unstoppable. If you would like to see a WP in action while teamed up with a IB here it is:

http://www.warhammer-videos.com/play.php?vid=187

As for other classes, the main class I played was RP and that will be my main at launch. The RP just flat out rocks. However, once my buddy finishes his new comp and starts playing he is rolling an IB and I will start up a WP alt.
Splizka
Splizka
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  meltedboy 2nd September 2008, 1:03 am

During the PW, I wanted to try out most of the classes, so I didn't level any very far, usually only up to 5 or maybe 7.

I did try both the WH and the WP, and enjoyed the WP much more. I had really decent survivability with the two heals early on. For example, there's a quest where a dwarf sends you into a crypt to pick up some weapon (I'm sure you all know the one I'm talking about). And there's a little dog-leg off the main path that ends with a coffin with an elite mob. My WH got his ass handed to him, while my WP took him out easy because I could heal through most of the damage.

I tried the WL, but the pet pathing issues kept it from being much fun. Hopefully they've got it back to normal (I heard it worked fine during CB) for OB. I'm really interested in trying it out more, as it seems their DPS is pretty decent.

There's a post in the Warhammer Alliance forums about a video showing combat between a Marauder and a WL. The Marauder just barely scraped by and won. The guy who made the video was the Marauder. Funny thing was, he stated that the WL was the same level. But, the video clearly showed a green icon by the WL's health bar - indicating the WL was a LOWER level, and should have been easy for the Marauder.

The fact that a lower-level WL almost killed him seems to indicate that an even-level one would have totally pwned him. So, I'm eager to try the WL again.
meltedboy
meltedboy
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Marzuki 2nd September 2008, 3:58 pm

I couldn't make up my mind whether I wanted to play WH or WP, so I did a lot of reading and asking on the Warhammer Alliance forums. I played both WH and WP in the beta, and I prefer WH hands down. However, I really enjoy a high DPS/Glass Cannon play style. WP definitely is a great class, but don't expect to out DPS the DPSers, or out heal the healers. It's an all-around middle of the road class, a jack of all trades if you will, and if that's what you prefer then you'll love the WP. If you want excellent DPS with a higher survivability than a BW, I would highly recommend WH.
Marzuki
Marzuki
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lynchmob 2nd September 2008, 6:55 pm

i'll end up going WH. but i'll prob try out a few the others when OB comes out on sunday.
lynchmob
lynchmob
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum