Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

AV 2009

Go down

AV 2009

Post  meltedboy on 2nd September 2008, 5:38 am

Maybe someone here is familiar with it - AV 2009 (Antivirus 2009)?

It's a nasty virus that apparently is near impossible to get rid of. I don't have it, but a friend of mine got it, and can not get rid of it. I looked quite a bit online for information about it. Tried to manually get rid of it - several sites list files to look for to delete, but it keeps coming back.

Also looked at SpyHunter, just about every site that talks about AV 2009 says to use that to get rid of it, but I also see comments here and there that SH is really malware/spyware/adware, or that it just doesn't work.

My friend told me today that he took it in to some local company that fixes these things, and they said they've been getting a lot of systems with this virus, but most of the time even they can not get rid of it.

It's to the point where it looks like he just has to buy a new computer because he just can't get rid of this virus.

Is anyone familiar with it and really know if we can get rid of it?
meltedboy
Guild Member
Guild Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AV 2009

Post  Xiroas on 2nd September 2008, 6:06 am

Try this, if it doesn't work; back up your stuff in case of problems.

http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-antivirus-2009.html

proteininja wrote:What have I been doing while I've waited?

I solved world hunger.
Xiroas
Web Admin
Web Admin

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/utletum

Back to top Go down

Post  lynchmob on 2nd September 2008, 2:38 pm

naw, worst case just format your computer and reinstall every thing. i've had to do that once or twice in the past cause of a virus issue. honest anyone who creates these virus's should be strung up and the worst torture should be done to them. them and toss in those account hackers. hate those bastards too lol.
lynchmob
Guild Member
Guild Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabriel on 2nd September 2008, 2:50 pm

Get yourselves the following 2 programs to avoid any further trojan/viral/adware issues, and to treat any issues you currently have:

1. Spyware Doctor
2. AdArmor
(Contained within the GhostSurf application suite)

Spyware Doctor has a powerful search tool that'll help find and eradicate infections already on your system. AdArmor is predominantly for protecting your system from getting infected, or from being pestered by nuisance popups and advertisements.
Gabriel
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  meltedboy on 2nd September 2008, 6:16 pm

Gabriel wrote:Get yourselves the following 2 programs to avoid any further trojan/viral/adware issues, and to treat any issues you currently have:

1. Spyware Doctor
2. AdArmor
(Contained within the GhostSurf application suite)

Spyware Doctor has a powerful search tool that'll help find and eradicate infections already on your system. AdArmor is predominantly for protecting your system from getting infected, or from being pestered by nuisance popups and advertisements.
For Spyware Doctor, do you also use their antivirus, or something different?

Also (if you know), it comes with something called "IntelliGuard", and its description sounds like it's an antivirus, but then on Spyware Doctor's website, when you purchase the license, they offer an upgrade with antivirus. Do you know what the difference is between Intelliguard and the upgrade offer? (The upgrade is simply called "Spyware Doctor with Antivirus".)
meltedboy
Guild Member
Guild Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lynchmob on 2nd September 2008, 6:52 pm

i use AVG its free and i've never had any issue with it. knock on wood

how much does those 2 apps tend to run? they sound pretty good.
lynchmob
Guild Member
Guild Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabriel on 2nd September 2008, 7:17 pm

They're brilliant. I don't remember how much they cost; it has been a while since i paid for them. Spyware Doctor is a program designed to find all malicious activities and programs on your system and block them and/or remove them. As such, it'll protect you against viruses, trojans, adware, popups, whatever... It monitors all intelli-signatures on your system, so it's highly efficient real-time. I've never had any complaints with it. I'm connected to the internet 24hours, running all kinds of junk and i've never had issues so long as i've used it - touch wood...

In addition, AdArmor/GhostSurf is a great program. It'll allow you to hide your system/IP address so that other malicious programs cannot find you on the internet. It'll also help keep your data safe and more secure. AdArmor is essentially the same as Spyware Doctor - except it's not used to sniff issues out on your system - in that it'll block all kinds of ad-related activity while browsing the web. As such, it gives you a lot of nice tools that even allow you to filter out the ads on MSN and Yahoo Messenger. With GhostSurf hiding your IP and protecting your identity on the web, AdArmor blocking out all unwanted ads and window-resizes (convenience) and Spyware Doctor sniffing out all unwanted processes in all things you do, you're pretty well protected against about anything.
Gabriel
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  meltedboy on 2nd September 2008, 7:34 pm

Gabriel wrote:They're brilliant. I don't remember how much they cost; it has been a while since i paid for them. Spyware Doctor is a program designed to find all malicious activities and programs on your system and block them and/or remove them. As such, it'll protect you against viruses, trojans, adware, popups, whatever... It monitors all intelli-signatures on your system, so it's highly efficient real-time. I've never had any complaints with it. I'm connected to the internet 24hours, running all kinds of junk and i've never had issues so long as i've used it - touch wood...
So, does that mean you run Spyware Doctor using the Intelliguard, without the antivirus upgrade?
meltedboy
Guild Member
Guild Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabriel on 2nd September 2008, 8:01 pm

All plugins for the program are provided free of charge. If you don't have what you want provided with your download, you should be able to update your program for free and simply decide which options you want to activate. There's nothing it should be missing however from your initial download - you may just need to patch the program after install.
Gabriel
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down