Honor Clan a WAR Order guild on Badlands, US
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» paper writing
Pirate Hunting I_icon_minitime12th April 2010, 4:27 pm by paper writing

» Honor Clan most likely not coming back to WAR
Pirate Hunting I_icon_minitime7th February 2009, 1:36 am by Xiroas

» BTW
Pirate Hunting I_icon_minitime20th December 2008, 11:28 am by Xiroas

» Guild Start delay, Updated!
Pirate Hunting I_icon_minitime20th December 2008, 11:27 am by Xiroas

» Guild start delay
Pirate Hunting I_icon_minitime17th December 2008, 10:47 pm by Xiroas

» [Important] Scroll of the Guild
Pirate Hunting I_icon_minitime7th December 2008, 11:19 am by Xiroas

» [Updated 12-08-08] [REQUIRED] Honor Clan WAR Application
Pirate Hunting I_icon_minitime7th December 2008, 11:12 am by Xiroas

» [Important] Guild Ranking System

» [Important] How we deal with inactivity

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Pirate Hunting

Go down

Pirate Hunting Empty Pirate Hunting

Post  Xiroas 3rd August 2008, 6:35 am

Pirate Hunting in Eve Online;

Adventurers looking for an action filled lifestyle have a diverse choice of careers in Eve. Depending on personal choices, or moral guidelines, they can choose to be pirates, or may be the ones to go out and slay some! For pirate hunters, the excitement of a battle is enhanced by their moral rectitude, and of course, the swelling ISK account!

Starting Off
-

If righteousness is more your style, then you can put on your own shiny new sheriff's badge and become a pirate hunter. To begin as a pirate hunter, you have to equip your ship with weapons that strike a decent balance between range and accuracy. Then you can head out and start hunting NPC pirates.
Stepping into low security areas, where the 'real pirates' roam around, won't be a smart idea for newbies, that part comes later when your equipment and skills are a match for the pros.

When hunting NPC pirates, make sure you keep out of range your prey, and hit him with your broadsides. Usually you will earn a decent amount of cash for your endeavors, allowing you to slowly upgrade your equipment and skills, to the point where you are ready to step into the big time.

Taking on the Big Boys-

There are three tried and true ways of being a pirate hunter. First, you can wander into random jump gates, and when you emerge on the other side, you fire out all ports at every ship in sight. This is only really advisable if you are sitting in a large battlecruiser, able to withstand sizable barrages. Of course your odds of survival can only improve if you have a few like minded friends in tow.

The second way to go about pirate hunting is to look up current outstanding bounties, and then try to collect.

The third way involves a bit of old fashioned role playing. If you envision yourself as the savior, the white knight, or the cavalry who comes in and cleans up the town, then listen for talk of unsafe areas, or notorious systems, and then set out making them safe. The Bounties will be well rewarding!

The Backup-

With a high risk lifestyle, and a high risk Universe to tread in, it's imperative that you backup your character with an up-to-date clone. Otherwise the loss of levels might put your adventures on hold for some time to come. Plus, your ship insurance can guarantee that you won't have to shift back to low grade ships once you do go down in battle. Though, insurance for a risky lifestyle like that of a pirate hunter might just be a bit on the high side but it will prove worthwhile in time.

Strength in Numbers-

A group of hunters are less vulnerable to furious pirate attacks than a solo pirate hunter. So if you decide to team up with a few people with the same goals as your own, then your pack can plan hunts and get better results with fewer losses. And do the clean-up job a tad quicker!

Being organized is good for business as well. If your sole aim is not just to clean the galaxy of pirates but also to earn a lucrative living, then teaming up is a better option for you. An organized group can attract more customers who have the will to extract revenge from the pirates that looted them or made them loose levels. So, contract pirate killing can become a spatiality of your pack, with some big deals coming through from revenge seekers!
Xiroas
Xiroas
Web Admin
Web Admin

http://www.myspace.com/utletum

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum