Honor Clan a WAR Order guild on Badlands, US
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» paper writing
Open RvR Ruleset I_icon_minitime12th April 2010, 4:27 pm by paper writing

» Honor Clan most likely not coming back to WAR
Open RvR Ruleset I_icon_minitime7th February 2009, 1:36 am by Xiroas

» BTW
Open RvR Ruleset I_icon_minitime20th December 2008, 11:28 am by Xiroas

» Guild Start delay, Updated!
Open RvR Ruleset I_icon_minitime20th December 2008, 11:27 am by Xiroas

» Guild start delay
Open RvR Ruleset I_icon_minitime17th December 2008, 10:47 pm by Xiroas

» [Important] Scroll of the Guild
Open RvR Ruleset I_icon_minitime7th December 2008, 11:19 am by Xiroas

» [Updated 12-08-08] [REQUIRED] Honor Clan WAR Application
Open RvR Ruleset I_icon_minitime7th December 2008, 11:12 am by Xiroas

» [Important] Guild Ranking System

» [Important] How we deal with inactivity

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Open RvR Ruleset

3 posters

Go down

Should we go Open or Core?

Open RvR Ruleset I_vote_lcap33%Open RvR Ruleset I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
Open RvR Ruleset I_vote_lcap67%Open RvR Ruleset I_vote_rcap 67% 
[ 4 ]
Open RvR Ruleset I_vote_lcap0%Open RvR Ruleset I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

Open RvR Ruleset Empty Open RvR Ruleset

Post  Xiroas 10th September 2008, 7:50 pm

Open Rules:
- Players are always RvR flagged from the moment they log in
- Chapter 1 hubs and capital cities are safe
- There is no bolster buff in RvR lakes
- Players will be chickened when entering an area that is two tiers below
their level (ex. A Tier 3 player entering a Tier 1 area.)

Core Rules are about the same, but there is a Bolstering Buff in RvR, and you are only flagged for RvR in an RvR area.

Last edited by Xiroas on 12th September 2008, 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Xiroas
Xiroas
Web Admin
Web Admin

http://www.myspace.com/utletum

Back to top Go down

Open RvR Ruleset Empty Re: Open RvR Ruleset

Post  Xan 11th September 2008, 8:14 am

Xiroas wrote:Open Rules:
- Players are always RvR flagged from the moment they log in
- Chapter 1 hubs and capital cities are safe
- There is no bolster buff in RvR lakes
- Players will be chickened when entering an area that is two tiers below
their level (ex. A Tier 3 player entering a Tier 1 area.)

Core Rules are about the same, but there is a Bolstering Buff in RvR, and you are only flagged for RvR in an RvR area.

I have very mixed feelings about those rules

First, bolster is only gonna matter from t1-t3, after that its really nonfactor. And even then its pretty minor

Second, Chicken mechanic is a good idea to prevent level difference greifing, but otherwise also useless. Consider the fact that when people max, the top levels can go down to t3 still without a penalty, so 2/3 of the tiers keeps can be done at max level. Which leaves t3 in the hands of end game players. Not a huge deal once you get there, but a PITA for the more casual people.

I also want to bring into light that with open it doesn't take much to grief even with chicken in. For example: As a WH I have a low level silence. Anyone who has ever played an open pvp game knows that silence on a healer is a dead tank and then a dead party.

But all of those aside. Most importantly the game wasn't made for open rule sets, any game not designed for open as the main ruleset will have problems. Another example: How will the PQs act with the other side killing the mobs? Will you be able to do their PQ or just prevent people from doing their own?

You can already work your way into other zones, you just can't kill unflagged people. So maybe its worth trying now?

How about spawning? When I die in Chaos zones do I spawn in a chaos zone or is that a 10 minute run back?

Now, on the other hand, open is far more exciting since you never know if you are about to be attacked. Lets you sneak into other peoples areas and kill them while the level, which is great for getting rivalries started. Lets more classes be able to get a kill since they can take a person down who has a mob on them already.

I really am torn on this one. But I lean to the core side. I am an open PvPer at heart and after 4 years of it in L2 its hard to let it go. But I just do not believe the game would be as much fun that way. Its negats the need (outside loot) to try and attack the capitol cities and the desire to unock their areas since you can go anywhere anytime to kill them. The only thing slightly pushing me in that direction is the fact that there IS more places to pvp, and only RvRing in a couple places can get old after a while.

/shrug I just find the open ruleset to be lacking. In truth its just open RvR. Since open PvP (aka FFA) would mean I can kill people of my faction. Plus you still can't just kill anyone, due to level, meaning its not really even"open" with a just a faction restiriction. And if I'm going to have the faction restriction AND a level I can kill restriction then I might as well stay core with its minor "needs to be flagged" mechanic.

Xan
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Veilose 12th September 2008, 1:54 am

ill go wherever, so add one to everything heh. hopefully we get a better idea of what the alliance wants as a whole soon
Veilose
Veilose
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down